Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Kitchen Cabinets Update

To stick with Operation Cozy Home, I decided things needed to be opened up a bit in the kitchen. I had read some articles where people had simply taken off the doors to some of their cabinets to create a more open shelf look. Easy enough! And easy to reverse if I hated it, too. So here's what it was before:





And now, after:




I think I like it! Although Jason and I have both had to resist the urge to "close the cabinets" every time we walk through, haha. Definitely took some getting used to. But I love the idea of it being another place I can rotate and change the look of from time to time. There are so many other things I want to do in here, including painting the cabinets, new countertops, removing the board from above the sink and putting in a light pendant, new flooring, wallpapering or painting the back of the open cabinets, and building up the top of the cabinets (like this). We will probably need to update appliances eventually too. One step at a time!

So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment