Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Arkansas Adventure (Part 1)

We are back in NC! The kids and I had a wonderful time with my parents out in Arkansas the last week and a half. As I was going through all of our pics (and I don't even have any that my parents took), it was almost impossible to pick which ones to use. Hence the "part one" in the title - there will be at least two posts about our vacay, and maybe more. I just can't stand to cut any of it out! 

There was lots of fun to be had, even just hanging around the house. My parents have the coziest, most welcoming home. I LOVE to visit them. 



We are a dog-loving family, so the pups are always an added bonus! Here's Dixie and Shelby relaxing:



Bonus points if you can find all 6 living beings in the next pic!



My dad's secretary, Christy, generously let us borrow much of the stuff we would need for the kids, including toys, carseats, strollers, etc. 



As an early birthday present for Harry, my parents presented him with a tool bench!




The kids loved when Pop would take them outside and play. 








Eden got a special moment with Bossi one afternoon while Harry was napping. She had been admiring the snow globes in Bossi's cabinet and we took out the Beauty and Beast one for her to look at. The marvel on her face was so sweet!







Both kids got haircuts while we were out there. Eden just got a little trim, but Harry wouldn't have anything to do with the clippers at the salon. My dad was finally able to wrangle him enough to trim his ears and mom got the back another time while he was distracted. Ah, such memories. :) 


One of the reasons we timed our trip for March was because of a new addition, Lily Alexa! 



My brother Peter and his wife Caty had their first baby on February 17th. She is such a sweetie! And so little, true to Kilbreth family fashion. 






It was wonderful to be able to spend some time with Pete and Caty. They graciously came over to my parents' house, carting all of the baby stuff and little Lily herself to visit with us while we were there. 





Stay tuned for Part 2, when we explored parks and playgrounds!







No comments:

Post a Comment