Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Painting Pots


My father-in-law gave me two cactus clippings from plants that he had, one being from a very old plant that has been passed down through his side of the family. I was excited to try and keep it alive! My thumb is definitely more black than green, but cactus plants are supposed to be hardy and I have high hopes that I can keep it going. After keeping them in their original pots for a while, I decided they needed some sprucing up. 




I headed to Lowes and picked up some cheap-o black plastic pots and spray paint (my fave!). 




I had seen lots of ideas on pinterest about how to paint pots and give them some personality and some of my favorites were the trendy patterns, like this argyle one I cut out and taped to the outside of the pot:


I went with a metallic silver spray to blend with our gray walls and this is how it turned out:



I also liked the designs with just one stripe on the base or top of the pot, so after taping off the second planter and spraying it with turquoise (our accent color in the kitchen), I came out with this:


My reaction to both of these painted pots? Meh. Neither of them look very well done, but I'm not sure what I could have done to change that. One of those little makeovers I thought I would be thrilled with that just left me feeling like a 3-year-old with a can of spray paint. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. 

Happy weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment