Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Precious Pups

Before Jason and I had kids, we had dogs. And they were like children to us! When you don't have your own children, animals can easily take that spot in your heart. We got Morgan and Piper about a month apart, but they are the same age (6 years old). Morgan tends to be lazy and the perfect lounge dog and Piper is the exact opposite - active and hyper. 

I thought it appropriate to give a little shout out to our pups, since they have taken a backseat ever since we had kids. We still love them though, and I cannot imagine our home without them!

Morgan rarely gets excited about anything, but I caught her in a random playful mood yesterday:



The toy of choice was a towel. 








A video would have shown them playing tug of war better, but you get the idea. 

I really can't say how much I appreciate the dogs' presence in our lives - not just because we love them, but for many reasons. They are our protectors, alarm system, deterrent for burglars, foot warmers, comfort and companions, playmates for the kids and they vacuum when needed. 


"A home is not a home without a dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment