Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Day of School

I can't believe it - Eden has started school! Didn't we just bring her home from the hospital? Where has the time gone. I realize it is only preschool, but still - we are starting an organized, daily learning session for her and I just can't believe it. 

For her first day, this is how she got dressed: 




I'd say she has a slight flair for the dramatic. I think maybe we need to add a class on accessorizing! 

Technically, her very first class (ever!) was with her Auntie Sara - a swim class! Sara came over and took the kids swimming and we totally counted it as PE for the day. 



But then the real work began - take a look at these hard working kids! At their new ($5!!!) desks, comfy IKEA chairs with cushions, and personal lamps (although we don't have light bulbs for them yet, oops!). 


And now take a look at Mom's new desk/craft table:


I LOVE this thing! It has so much space, I can stand to wrap gifts, work on projects, etc., and the sides are bookcases (obviously not filled yet). 


All it took to make it was a table top from IKEA (retails for $36) and two cheap-o Walmart bookcases for $18 each. I also decided to spray paint the back of the shelves, so you couldn't see the light colored backing. I will probably eventually get a chair/barstool for projects I want to sit for as well. 

But in the meantime, I can be busy at my work station while these two are busy at their new desks (can you tell which is the neat freak?). 







2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Super exciting... Day 1 in the thousand plus to hopefully come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting! I'm a little sad, but more excited for this stage. I loved being homeschooled and I'm excited to be able to do it for our kids too. :)

      Delete