Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

A Painting

The older I get the more I really enjoy having things in my home that actually mean something. Not just decor to fill a space or empty spot, but something that reminds me of someone or gives a deeper meaning than just something pretty to look at. This is the most recent thing I have put up that has just that kind of meaning:




For my birthday this year, one of my favorite besties (Tabatha) painted this for our master bedroom. I actually saw a similar painting she had done and had in her own sunroom and joked that she should just give it to me for my birthday. I just loved the colors and they matched perfectly with our bedroom color. Well she one-upped my request and painted this stunning ocean scene! 



I've been having such a hard time nailing down how I wanted to decorate our room, and when I saw the original painting at Tab's house, it's like it all came together. It was so peaceful and calm, which is the exact sentiment I wanted our room to convey. I could visualize other things that would fit the theme and it all came together in my head. Now I just have to make it come to fruition, but the biggest piece of the puzzle is here!



She so perfectly captured what I envisioned, and it is so meaningful to have a piece of Tabatha's art in our home! Thank you to my dear, sweet friend. You crushed it. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment