Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

This year we had a very low-key 4th of July celebration, but it was still great. Lots of family time! Usually we would get together with my grandparents, sister and her son, and Jason's dad, but this year they were all going in different directions (camps, work, etc.). So we decided to hang out, just the four of us! First on the list was a trip to our neighbor's pool:



Don't let the down faces fool you, they were excited! Just hot. :) 

After swimming for a bit, we came home for lunch and naps. Jason did some work around the house while I made out a grocery list. Really exciting stuff, I know!

In the evening, the church was hosting a cookout so we got everyone up and dressed and headed out:




I managed to snap one shot of the kids outside, dressed in their red, white and blue garb:




All in all we had a nice day, albeit extremely hot. By the time the cookout at the church was over we were all sweaty and tired. Not to mention Eden's run in with the pavement:




I was only going to post one pic of her knees, but then I decided you guys needed to see this girl's eye lashes:



Such a beauty, even with her eyes closed. :) 

We had a great time celebrating our country's freedom - I am so thankful for all of the soldiers who have fought/are fighting for us. I can't think of a better way to spend a day celebrating than being with my sweet family of four! (Unless all of our family could be here, of course :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment