Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Meeting YoungHouseLove

So you guys have already seen some of the spoils from my birthday trip to IKEA in Charlotte, but I finally have pics from the book signing that started the whole thing! 

Let me first say that I got to spend the day with my amazing friend, Shawna. We have been best friends for TEN years. She is one of the kindest and most thoughtful people I know, and I was so excited to be able to spend some time with her. I had asked a few of my other close friends to go with us, but things just got in the way and it ended up being just the two of us. It was a great time of fellowship and catching up!


(holding tix for a movie that afternoon)


Just in case a preface is needed, I have been following a blog called YoungHouseLove.com for several years now. They live in VA and blog about their experiences DIYing their home. Most of you know I am a big fan of DIY, but what you may not know it is that my initial inspiration to start was through this blog. I feel as if I know John and Sherry because they are so down to earth and hilarious! I love reading their posts everyday. 

They wrote their first book last year and it was on my Christmas list, of course. Jason presented it to me before our trek to New England over Christmas so I poured over every page while traveling in the back of the minivan. It was wonderful! 

There was a book tour and a stop was scheduled for Charlotte (about an hour from us) so I planned a whole day around the book signing. It just so happened to fall on the week before my birthday (and of course I celebrate all month long) so it was a special treat for me!

So we got to the UNCC campus where the book signing was being held about an hour and a half before it was to start. We were numbers 15 & 16 in line, so we were stoked! 


The last few minutes before it started, everyone kept looking around, not wanting to miss their entrance. This couple is absolutely HILARIOUS so we didn't want to miss any of the fun! When they arrived and were introduced, they gave a little talk about writing the book and what was involved. It was so fun to see them in person! They did a little Q&A session too, and here they are taking a picture of their first face time question during a signing!

(see how they are all smiles and laughing? Yeah, like I said, they are awesome)

I put together a little basket for the Petersik family, just as a way to thank them for having such a positive impact on me - they have inspired me to pour love into our home and make it special for us. I wanted to return the kindness! 








If you have been reading my blog long at all, you know I LOVE ORB (oil-rubbed bronze) spray paint. I owe my love for it to Sherry, as I first read about it on their blog. She likes to ORB stuff too. A lot. So I got her to sign a can of it for me!


It was such a sweet thing to be able to meet a couple that has been inspiring me for so long in our home DIY projects. Thanks to them for taking the time to meet their readers and thanks to Shawna for documenting all of it for me!

(LOVE Sherry's expression!)




No comments:

Post a Comment