Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Health & Lifestyle

Time for my weekly check in! We're going to do this list style this week:

1. The Word: my verse for this week is going to be 1 Corinthians 6:19-20: "...do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body." Still loving my Setting Captives Free study and actually have a new, additional accountability partner who just signed up to do the study too! She is one of my closest, dearest friends and I'm thrilled to add yet another layer to my accountability and support.  




My main goal is to immerse myself in the Word, seeking the Lord, to know Him. I know this is the way to overcome my sin of overeating. There are still days that I am not successful, but I will not be deterred. I am learning the hardest times for me are social settings. I want to participate when everyone else is chowing down but I have to learn self control. I have to keep things in perspective and not be overtaken by temptation. And God will always give me the strength to walk away, if I am truly seeking to honor Him. 

2. Exercise: praise the Lord, I have been somewhat consistent! Now please understand that I am not a hard-core, sweat-dripping-down-my-face, workout til I wanna die kinda girl. I have never been able to workout on this level, given my pain issues. However, low-impact, daily exercise like walking, stretching, swimming, etc. is my normal. I have been taking the kids on walks almost every day and I LOVE it. I can't believe it, but I actually look forward to exercising every day with them. It can't really be called "working out" - it just simply isn't that intense - but I am getting consistent movement regularly. Woohoo!


(by the way, these are the BEST walking/running shoes I have ever owned! They are Skechers GoWalk and are super light-weight, super comfortable and help keep my back from hurting; I don't get any perks from this ad, but just wanted to tell about an awesome product I love!)


3. Eating: I have come to some conclusions about my eating. I have been praying and asking God to give me clear direction on the food I should/shouldn't eat. However, everything I read or studied kept bringing me back to the fact the God does not regiment what we eat. My issue is not with food, it is with overindulgence. With that said, I am going to change the way I eat. My chiro has given suggestions on my diet to help with pain management and I am going to make those changes in an effort to take care of my body the best that I can, and hopefully resolve some of my medical issues without medication. This has nothing to do with my weight loss journey, because I know the only way to have victory in my overeating is to become full on Christ. It is not about what I eat but about keeping things in moderation and looking to God to fill the space I used to use food to fill. I am not going to label this food plan with paleo, gluten-free, etc., but just make some generic changes with a personalized diet plan that will help me personally feel better. Hope that makes sense! :) 

In an effort to be totally transparent, I am up two pounds this week. I hated to record it on my spreadsheet, but I know this is just part of it. There will be great weeks and not-so-great weeks and I have to take the bad with the good. I am content knowing that God is still working with me. 

See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment