Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

As Time Goes By

It has been very interesting to see how my body has reacted to eating non-paleo foods. I can see SO many more differences now than before. I didn't notice the changes while on the whole25 but now that I'm done they are much more evident. Here's the list:

1. My fingers feel swollen now - as well as maybe my ankles. There isn't a big enough difference to change my ring size or anything, but they just feel thick.

2. I can feel a difference in my body as a whole - not more or less pain, but I am much more stiff now than when eating paleo. I feel like I need to stretch all the time! And I am really stiff when I get up from sitting down.

3. I am having some balance issues - I think it is a blood sugar regulation thing, but I feel dizzy when I stand up or bend over and then straighten up again.

4. I definitely feel more bloated - not sure if that is the right word, but my whole body just feels thick...when eating paleo, I never felt that over-stuffed feeling. My stomach always felt flat (or maybe a better way to put it is not sticking out, haha), even after eating. Now, that is most definitely not the case.

5. I am definitely more hungry now. While on the whole25, I hardly ever felt hungry except in the mornings. Now I am hungry much more often, and throughout the day.

6. Two things that I expected to change that have not, is that my digestive track feels more in line now than when I was eating paleo, and my sleeping is much better than when I was eating paleo. Also, my restless leg syndrome is better now that I am eating non-paleo foods. I'm not sure what any of those mean, if anything.

So after having several days being off paleo, I certainly miss some of these things. I haven't decided yet how to proceed...I have considered switching to paleo full time, doing a whole30 every few months, having a flexible paleo-style diet, etc. I need to think through it some more and make a decision soon - I want to get moving on whatever plan I decide to stick with!

No comments:

Post a Comment