Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Catching Up

So it has been a LONG time (okay, a week) since I posted last - but it is because we have been crazy busy and very sick. I am going to try and do a thorough but concise recap for all of you fine folks out there in cyber land. Here goes!

Two weekends ago, we (the kids and I) went to the beach for a few days. No real reason, just to get away and relax a bit. My sister (Sarabeth) and her friend (Loren) went, as well as Grammy. It happened to fall over my 30th birthday, too. :) Here are some shots from the weekend:


The best smile I could get out of the Peanut.



The bean - got the smile, but I'm not sure what he is looking at.



Miss Hollywood watching TV. Seriously, she wore the sunglasses almost the whole time we were at the beach, whether we were inside or out.



They got lots of quality time with Grammy!

We really did have a great time and I was happy to get to go. It was SUPER cold so we didn't get to go outside very much, but I'm sure our summer trip will make up for it.



We were all glad to get back home to Daddy - one of Eden's favorite things is getting "toasty" on the bed and watching TV or a movie with us. :)

When we got home I had about 3 days before my Mom and I left on our birthday trip to Charlotte. First stop: IKEA! One of my favorite places to shop.



We didn't take a lot of pictures inside with the camera, mostly just with the phone to picture message Jason and my Dad to see if they like something we found.


Mom wants to re-create this room in her house - we both loved this library!

I ended up getting a lot of goodies for the house, which I will blog about as they get set up. Some of them take some assembly, so we will see how long it takes us! Included items: chair with ottoman for music room, comforter and sheet set for master bedroom, island for the kitchen, new desk for the music room, and some knick-knacky stuff. Can't wait to get it all set up!

We were hungry after all that shopping so we headed to our hotel to find a spot for supper. Cracker Barrel was it! I love to eat there and since Jason doesn't, it seemed a good opportunity. I had breakfast for dinner - biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, and grits. YUM!





The next day was a full day of shopping, so we headed to Kohls after breakfast at the hotel. Found lots of good buys on kids clothes and then headed to lunch at Carrabas. Another favorite of mine - the best dish they have is the Chicken Bryan (grilled chicken with breast with roasted red peppers and goat cheese, served with garlic mashed potatoes).



Next up, Concord Mills! It was SO packed, but we found a couple of little things: clothes for the kids, a ceramic owl (I don't know why, but I just loved him!), two pairs of sketchers for me, and some other little things for the kids. We headed to a movie after that and enjoyed resting our poor feet.


We were heading home Sunday, so after a brief stop to pick up some last minute things at IKEA, a stop at Trader Joe's, and some yucky Indian food, we were on our way. I'm not sure how Gertie (my Aztec) held under all that weight, but we managed to get it all in and make it home!


It was such a good time - nice to get some things for the house, eat good food, spend time with my mom, not have to worry about anyone but myself, and just have a good time. I am so thankful my Mom could come up from AR and spend the weekend - made for a great 30th birthday!

4 comments:

  1. I loved the library from IKEA!!! I want that in my home one day too... :) And can't wait to hear about the goodies you got!

    So movie did yall see?? lol

    Side note - Your momma is so beautiful. <3 I miss your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw "This Means War" - eh. It was okay, nothing stellar. And thanks, I think she is quite lovely too!

      Delete
  2. Um, yeah, I want that library from IKEA too. One day, I will have one!!! Even if I'm a bazillion years old. =P

    I'm so glad you had a good birthday week/weekend. ;-) I can't wait to see everything you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a GREAT birthday weekend - weekends!! looks like lots of fun. i'm anxious to see the pics of all your IKEA goodies!! :O) oh and post a pic of the ceraminc owl. you know how i love them!!

    ReplyDelete