Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Favorite Kiddos + a Dresser Makeover

The kids and I have had such a good week, I think because we are all finally feeling better (save for Jason, who still has some junk in his throat and sinus headaches going on). One of the big highlights of the week was finishing up Eden's new dresser and moving it into her room:





For those who didn't see it in the "before" stage, here ya go:




I sanded it, painted everything white, then did the inset parts in the same purple as her walls. I actually did not do the insets on the bottom or middle of the dresser, only the drawers. We also got new hardware for the drawer pulls. Looks a little cleaner now, for sure! The best part? It was free! Didn't pay a dime for it, just for the paint and hardware. My parents purchased some rental property and there was a lot of furniture left in the place, so we got to take our pick from the lot. Overall, I am really happy with how it turned out! We are almost done with Eden's room, just a few little things left to hang on the walls. Pics to come!

Other stuff from our week:

Eden wanted her picture taken, but wouldn't look straight at me...I'm thinking she is just working on her angles. :) Don't mind her hair, it is always a hot mess, just like mine.




Lunch was really happy on Monday - a smiling hot dog face, Eden's favorite!




Harry had his 2nd haircut, which I attempted by myself this time. Not too bad, if I do say so myself! Of course, how could you really mess up this handsome face anyway?



Tomorrow morning the kids and I get to head to the beach for a few days with Auntie Sarabeth and Grammy. Wish Jason could come, but it should be fun to hang out and chill...and ya know, turn 30 YEARS OLD! Saturday is indeed my 30th birthday, and I'm happy to be spending it at the beach. Only thing better would be if the whole family was there too, but I'll take what I can get. We'll be back in time for Valentine's Day to spend it with our favorite valentine, Daddy! Aka, Shmoopy. :D

1 comment:

  1. Eeeek! I LOVE what you did with that dresser!!! It looks a bazillion times better! And so cute in her room. Are you going to leave it there, or rearrange some stuff?

    I hope you have a good time at the beach! Guess you won't get your present from me/us until you get back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete