I got the idea to do a fall fun list from pinterest (I know, shocker). There are so many fun things to do as a family during the autumn months but because I never plan them, we don't do them. To rectify that, I thought I would put on paper some things that we would enjoy or things that would be good to accomplish by Christmas (this list does not include anything I want to get done in the house). Some of them will be for all of us, and some will be just for me and the kids while we are home during the day. This is what I came up with:
1. Start "school" with Eden (music, art, worksheets, counting, etc.)
2. Play in the leaves and make some pictures
3. Drive up to the Blue Ridge Parkway for a family picnic
4. Teach Eden about saving money by getting her a piggy bank and earning money through helping us in the house
5. Go to a pumpkin patch
6. Go to Tanglewood and walk through the corn maze
7. Make soups and hot drinks in the crockpot
8. Take a nature walk and see what kind of special things we can find
9. Go apple picking and make caramel apples for the neighbors
I am not sure we will accomplish all of these, but it helps to see it on paper. I have a list going for Christmas/winter as well and will post that around Thanksgiving.
In other news, Harry boy is not feeling too great recently. :( I'm not sure if it is a cold, teething, ear infection...but he has a temp and runny nose and isn't sleeping well (which means we aren't either). Here is a pic of my sweet little boy this morning:
Can you see those weak, tired eyes? Pulls my heartstrings!
Yesterday, the kids were trying to escape:
But they didn't have any luck with that. :)
Bath time is always fun - they both love the water!
So there you have it, a rather random post I'm afraid. But if you think that was bad, wait for the next one. :D