Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Weekly Recipe Roundup

Here are some recent pinterest recipes from this week:



I have been wanting to try this out for a while – the idea of using cauliflower instead of a flour based bread had me interested! The recipe I used called for “riced cauliflower” which I discovered simply means cauliflower that has been ground into a rice shape with a blender. Easy peasy. Here is the crust before and after it was baked:







And here it is before and after it was baked with the topping (cheese, etc.):























I have to say, it was absolutely delicious. The flavor was intense and I would take this as a trade off for breadsticks or pizza any day! I would love to experiment with more toppings too, but I just went by the recipe for the first try. The only bad thing was that it was a bit hard to get off the stone because the bottom wasn’t super sturdy. However, the recipe called for parchment paper that I didn’t use so that would probably fix that problem.                             





Next up was a pasta dish I named Mediterranean Pasta:





This was great too and very easy. Basically just tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, olive oil and garlic tossed with spaghetti. We decided it would be better with smaller pasta because the spaghetti clumped a bit. But the flavor was great!


Lastly was a One-Pot Chicken Dish:




This isn’t my photo, but it essentially looked the same. This was another easy recipe, you just put everything in the dish, sprinkle it with an Italian dressing packet and pour a stick of melted butter over top. The flavor was fantastic on the veggies, although we thought the chicken was a bit dry, even after soaking it in brine all afternoon. I loved having everything in one dish though and I was able to get it ready early and then just pop it in the oven an hour before we wanted to eat.


Overall this week’s newbies have been good! I still have a few more I am hoping to accomplish from this week’s list so I will keep you updated!


Side note: my camera has no batteries at the moment so my next post might be a bit stalled. I’m working on it!

1 comment:

  1. I've been curious about this whole cauliflower pizza thing! I'm glad a pizza lover like yourself liked it. ;-) Also, if you like the one dish chicken thing, you should really try out the garlic lemon chicken recipe I have pinned on my food board. It's DELICIOUS! And easy. Joe even asks me to make it sometimes. =)

    ReplyDelete