Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Weekly Recipe Roundup

I have been on a kick lately with trying new recipes. Here's what we've had the last week or so:





This was very tasty, but basically just everything you would have for breakfast presented in a pretty package. Jason said I could just serve each thing separately and not go to the trouble, haha. This was my first ever attempted ring though, so I was glad for the experience. I didn't do a great job but at least I have the first one under my belt. They make nice presentations at holidays and such. 





(my plate) 


(Jason's bowl) 


This was a big hit! A nice deviation from our normal dripless tacos to get our mexican food fix. We made the chix in the crockpot and then served it on rice with black beans, green onions, and cheese on top. We even scooped all of it with corn chips and it was delicious! This will definitely be a keeper. 






Although mine looks absolutely nothing like the picture on the website (in fact, mine looks kinda gross), this was very tasty.  Basically it tasted like chicken with alfredo sauce on top. Very rich. And very high in calories, haha. But still tasty and easy, nonetheless. 








Oh my word...this was DELICIOUS! So, so easy too. This was actually an impromptu experiment because I had some apples I needed to use and was planning to make applesauce cookies later in the week. I used four apples and got about 3/4 cup of applesauce. I'm thinking this may be a good thing to give as Christmas gifts - it had such a comforting, home-y taste to it. Will definitely be making this again. 

I used the homemade applesauce for these Applesauce Cookies:




These were pretty good as well, but more like biscuits. In fact, I decided to rename them Applesauce Snickerdoodle Biscuits. They were very dense but delicious with a cup of coffee in the morning. I don't think Jason was a big fan. :) 

So that's this week's roundup! Stay tuned next week for more experiments, including Mediterranean Pasta, Cauliflower Tater Tots, and Strawberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment