Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 7 - Day 8

The last few days have been...interesting. I won't say bad, but not really stellar either. Saturday night (day 7) I was all set to make some paleo pancakes. Much to my dismay, it was a disaster. I could tell as I was mixing the ingredients that something wasn't right...they were super thick and not runny at all like pancake batter. I had to add water to try and thin it out enough to even pour. Don't let this photo fool you - although they look somewhat normal here, they did not look normal in person!




This is what the looked like when I first poured them on the skillet:


That's right, big fat mudpies. And that is exactly what they tasted like too - pancakes made with dirt. I even tried to force myself to eat them, but two bites in I gave up. I was so mad to have wasted all the ingredients! And bummed not to have pancakes too. I'm still not sure what happened, because I was following a recipe - and one that a friend of mine had done too, so I'm going to try again and make some of my own modifications.

The good thing that came out of this disaster is the impromptu dinner I made since the pancakes didn't work. I was so starved that I just started grabbing stuff out of the refrigerator and putting it together. I ended up with tomatoes, onions, avocado, and grilled chicken in a bowl - kinda like guacamole with chicken on top. It was great! Very basic, but it worked. It was so good I had it again Sunday (day 8) for lunch. I forgot to take pictures either time, I think because I was so excited to eat it. :)

Sunday breakfast was just some eggs and a banana since we were trying to get out the door for church. Dinner was...don't judge me, eggs again. What can I say, I like them and they are easy! The problem was I put salsa verde on top (I had only tried it one other day, the same day I felt so sick) to try it again and I ended up having a tummy ache the rest of the night. :( I'm thinking the salsa verde is gonna have to go - it is now associated with feeling sick!

This morning I had a banana and then a salad. Not sure what I'm going to do for lunch, but dinner is another new recipe - meatloaf. Hopefully this one will turn out! I am planning to do mashed butternut squash and maybe another salad to go with it.

I would say that things are still going well, but my tummy has its moments where it really bothers me. I took tums last night in an effort to calm the stormy seas, and was so disappointed to realize they had sucralose in them! Grrr. I am hoping it wasn't so much to make that big of a difference, but it still irritated me.

Be back tomorrow with details on the new meatloaf! :D

1 comment:

  1. I had the opposite results with my pancake batter. It was super thin and ran all over the griddle! You'll have to let me know if you make changes that work. Yesterday I started having some issues with my tummy too. Nothing too horrible though-just all the crud moving' on out! Bummer I the tums. I didn't even think about that! I'm sure it wasn't enough to mess you up, I wouldn't worry too much! You're doing too good already!

    ReplyDelete