Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day Three

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but today seems to be a little easier as far as the paleo thing. Perhaps it is because I have a few more foods made that are easy to grab and I don't feel like I have to cook anytime I want to eat something. Either way, feeling good! I do have a slight, in-the-background headache, but it is dull. My stomach has also been upset, but it has always done that when I up my veggie intake.

Last night I went to hang out with my friend Megan (holla!), and she made us a delicious salad! I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it, but I was so excited to eat it I didn't remember the picture until it was all gone. It was mixed greens, green beans, tuna, boiled eggs, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. It was wonderful! Good lookin' out, Meg. :)

Jason also went by the farmer's market for me on the way home from work last night, and here is what he brought home: yellow squash, butternut squash, zucchini, and tomatoes. I'm excited to try some new recipes with them this week.





I also made turkey meatballs last night for supper - they were great! A little dry, but still tasty. Jason had peas and mashed potatoes with them. I just tasted one before I went over to Meg's, since I knew she was making us a salad. I was really glad to have some meatballs left over though, because I ate them with some eggs for breakfast this morning!








We are planning on salmon steaks for dinner, maybe with some mashed butternut squash. Lunch will probably be a salad with chicken since I am craving the dressing I made yesterday.

All in all, I am happy with how I am doing. I still want some of the junk food I used to eat, but it is easier now that I have more easy stuff on hand. I find it is more about convenience with me than actually about the specific food items. With that said, I could really go for a nice, huge Diet Coke. ;D






3 comments:

  1. Yay for feeling awesome on Day 3! I do too! Imagination or not we've come a long way in 3 days and I'm so glad we've been able to email about it and I have you to lean on!! I'm super jealous of those beautiful veggies from the Farmer's Market too. I am definetly going this weekend to stock up. I can't believe how fast the fruits and veggies are flying out of our house this week! Oh and we NEED a TJ's closer. I already want to go back!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nut tip - I'm not a huge nut fan in general, but I have definitely been eating more since starting so that is good to know! Thank you SO much for your encouragement!

    Michelle - I am so glad we are doing this together too - just reading your blog/status updates/etc. has made me want to stick it out. And I'm with you - TJ's totally needs to come closer - we should go back SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo!! I am SO proud of you!! You give me hope for dieting/eating healthy once Charlotte gets here. =)

    ReplyDelete